And now the News.We were notified by IndieGoGo that we can extend the pledge period for our project. Only once, and to a maximum of 60 days from the launch date. An unexpected but welcome development.
We are also continuing to look at what we're doing. Why are we only at 7%? We think we've picked some cool and interesting models that have a broad appeal. They ran through a long period, 1929-'70s, with the most variations between 1941 and the '60s before their inevitable decline.
So spread the word, let your modeling buddies know that there's still time, and we'll get this done.
As a reminder for those that have pledged, we're assuming that you're pledging to receive the models a year or so from now, and that you will continue to support the project as we continue to work to secure the funding.
As always, if you decide you don't wish to continue to support the project, you can cancel your pledge at any time. We cannot extend the IndieGoGo pledge period beyond March, 9 2020, and if we don't meet our funding goal by then, all money will be refunded automatically by IndieGoGo in 5-7 business days.
Project #1: The ModelsWe are producing models for all of the following cars in this run:
- ATSF 124000-125999 Bx-11/12/13 classes
- ATSF Bx-11/12 classes with 8" extended roof
- ATSF Bx-11/12 classes with 12" extended roof
- ATSF Bx-11/12/13 classes rebuilt with steel sides
- C&O 289450-290349 series tall Pratt truss auto cars
- C&O 289350-290349 series Pratt truss box cars (converted from auto cars)
- CGW 80000-80978 series Pratt truss auto cars
- L&N 46000-46399 series Pratt truss auto cars
- PM 89350-90349 series tall Pratt truss auto cars
- PM 89350-90349 series Pratt truss box cars (converted from auto cars)
- RI 141000-142999 series tall Pratt truss box cars
All models will be produced Ready-to-Run with class and era-appropriate details and lettering with an SRP of $50. All major paint schemes worn by the cars will be produced.
Reweigh dates will be within 6 months of when a paint scheme was applied, or as close to that as our research allows. Additional reweigh decals will be included.
Decorated or undecorated kits will also be available at the same price, but will include extra parts.
Parts will also be available separately.
We are crowdfunding this project and it is vital that you make your pledge to back our project on our IndieGoGo page by March 9, 2020 or it will not move forward. We were able to extend the funding period once. The IndieGoGo terms allow a maximum 60-day funding period, and we cannot extend it beyond that date.